Check out what’s
Common Name: Princeton American Elm
Scientific Name: Ulmus americana ‘Princeton’
Location: Two in Spalding Circle
Size: 3 inches diameter at breast height
Native to: Cultivar of North American Elm
This tree typically grows to: 50 to 70 feet tall and 30 to 50 feet wide
This tree prefers these conditions: Full sun and medium to moist soils.
Special about this tree:
- Mainly resistant to Dutch Elm Disease
- Mature tree develops graceful vase shape
- Leaves are 5-inch dark green ovals, with sharp points and toothed edges.
- Seeds grow in clusters of flat pods.
- Insignificant yellow fall color