Check out what’s
Garbage and recycling may be placed at the curb after 6 p.m. the evening before regular pickup and should be placed at curb no later than 6 a.m. on the day of collection.
For a listing of what is acceptable for pickup, please click on the link below.
Download the Garbage and Recycling Schedule with street listing.
Mt. Lebanon contracts for the garbage collection for more than 12,500 residential units. The maintenance and emptying of garbage containers in the parks and on business district streets, and recycling in compliance with state law. Garbage is collected once a week at the curb. Recycling is collected bi-weekly at the curb. Please do not exceed the 50 pounds limit per can. Residents have the option to contract with the collector for back yard collections. Please contact the contractor directly.
Reporting a Missed Pick-up
To report a missed pick-up of garbage or recycling please call 412-343-3400, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. or report online 24 hours a day: myLebo.
Garbage Pick-Up Guidelines
- Place all containers at curbside by 6 a.m. on your pick-up day. Secure garbage in containers that weigh no more than 50 pounds. Items to be recycled must be in containers with the Mt. Lebanon recycling sticker on the outside.
- Bag your grass clippings and place them with your regular trash, not in the gutter. Grass clipping placed in the gutters can end up in storm sewers, causing backups during heavy rains. Bags should not weight more than 50 pounds.
- Hedge cuttings, limbs and branches—PA Act 101 prohibits these materials from inclusion in the waste stream, and recommends that they be composted. The waste hauler has been instructed not pick it up so don’t set it out with your garbage and instead take it to the drop-off at the Mt. Lebanon Golf Course, on the first Saturday of the month, April through October.
- Empty paint cans and/or dried paint may be placed at curbside. Paint can be air-dried or soaked up with newspaper or kitty litter. The collector will not accept paint cans with lids.
- Furniture, appliances, household goods and disassembled children’s swing sets will be accepted curbside. Swing sets must be bundled and tied in four foot lengths and should not exceed 40 pounds per bundle. Carpets should be tied and bundled in lengths not to exceed 48 inches so that one person can lift.
- The contractor will collect such items as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and water coolers only if the item has a sticker certifying that the refrigerant has been removed. Items that do not have the sticker will not be picked up because it is unlawful for the contractor to dispose of anything containing refrigerant. To avoid paying refrigerant removal costs, it may be best to have the company delivering the new appliance dispose of the old appliance.
- The contractor will not pickup construction debris.
Garbage Limitations: When the amount of garbage, rubbish and residential refuse exceeds fifteen (15) bags and/or bulky waste exceeds two (2) items, this shall constitute a special collection and the contractor shall furnish, when requested in advance by the resident, a special collection and removal of those items. A resident who requests such a special collection shall place the items at the curb for collection. This special collection service shall constitute a separate contractual arrangement between the resident and the contractor at a price to be set forth by the Contractor to the resident at the time the special collection is requested, billable by the contractor to the resident and payable by the resident directly to the contractor.
Curbside recycling details and recycling event info (shredding, electronic equipment and yard waste) are available online.
Backyard Collection Service
Waste Management will provide backyard collection service for a fee. This service is limited to four cans of general household refuse plus recycling containers. Grass clippings, tree limbs, furniture and appliances, etc., will be picked up at the curb only. Residents may request backyard service directly from our contractor.
The following items will not be picked up:
- Ashes from furnaces
- Automobile parts including tires
- Liquid paint
- Any electronic device including televisions
The municipality provides pick-up for leaves. Building materials may be picked up for a fee by our contractor.
If a holiday falls on Monday through Friday, the subsequent days are on a delayed pickup schedule. If the actual holiday (not the observed holiday) falls on a weekend, there is no delay of subsequent days. Contracted holidays are only the following days:
- New Year’s Day (no delay in 2023)
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day