Public Works Director
The Mt. Lebanon Department of Public Works will maintain and enhance the quality of life for residents through responsive, efficient and effective delivery of services to every neighborhood and by reflecting a can-do attitude with our customers and stakeholders.
- Constantly pursue and implement new and innovative methods of service delivery
- Ensures that public works services are delivered in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Work with the manager and Commission to set public works priorities and goals for the community
With 24 full-time employees and some contracted services, the Public Works Department takes pride in:
- General maintenance of municipal buildings
- Maintaining the community’s physical plant—buildings, streets, sidewalks, sewers and trees
- Municipal forestry program
- Snow removal and street sweeping
- Using up-to-date equipment and providing its employees with ongoing training in the newest and best methodologies for this region
Parks & Community Events
Working closely with the Recreation Department, Public Works also maintains municipal parks and playgrounds and provides set up and clean up services for many community special events.
Building & Equipment Maintenance Services
The Public Works Department maintains and improves the municipality’s building infrastructure, equipment and vehicle fleet and ensures that all municipal vehicles are safe and reliable and the structures that house our government services are solid and functioning properly.
- 33 police vehicles maintained
- 14 pieces of fire equipment maintained
- 3 pieces of heavy construction equipment maintained
- 28 public works over the road equipment maintained
- Buildings maintained:
- Public Safety Building
- Municipal Building
- Public Works Building