Check out what’s
Mt. Lebanon’s one-of-a-kind historic 9-hole golf course, 1000 Pine Avenue, is open year-round, weather permitting.
Tee times are now required every day and can be made up to seven days in advance. Click the button or call (412) 561-9761
Rates for May 12 – October 31
Weekend rates apply Friday, Saturday and Sunday (May 12 – October 31) and Saturday and Sunday all other weekends.
Note: Six-hole rate is $12 after 7:00 pm, May 12 – October 31
|Rates||9 holes||18 holes|
|Rental Rates||9 holes||18 holes|
|Golf Car Rental Rates – must be|
at least 18 years old to rent a riding
Frequent Player Golf Card
Play 15 9-hole rounds of golf and get one 9-hole round of golf free.
- Golf cart not included.
- Frequent Player Cards will not be punched on discounted rounds.
|Monday – Thursday||7 a.m. – 3 p.m.||9 Holes – $11|
18 Holes – $17
|Friday – Sunday|
|7 a.m. – 3 p.m.||9 Holes – $13|
18 Holes – $19
Note: Senior rate begins at age 62.
|Monday – Thursday||1 p.m. – 3 p.m.||9 Holes – $11|
18 Holes – $17
|Friday – Sunday|
|1 p.m. – 3 p.m.||9 Holes – $13|
18 Holes – $19
Note: Junior rate applies to children ages 8-17 years old. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
2023 Afternoon Golf League Schedule
|Mondays||3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesdays||3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesdays||3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.|
|Thursdays||3:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.|
|Fridays||2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
It is recommended that individual players not affiliated with one of our leagues golf outside of designated league times.
A Proud Tradition
Mt. Lebanon’s proud tradition of golf dates back to July 4, 1907, when a group of 30 men founded the Castle Shannon Golf Club on a 100-acre farm and persisted with the sport despite having to dodge moving targets, such as cows and horses.
There were no tees or greens; still 30 golfers soon had joined, each paying $5 dues per year and bringing along scythes and lawn mowers to keep the course in playable condition. By 1918, there were 100 members, some rudimentary tees and greens and even a groundskeeper. That original club eventually disbanded, was reorganized, and in the ’20s, ’30s and ’40s was one of the most popular 9-hole courses in the Pittsburgh area.
Among the club’s elite members were the financiers Andrew W., and Richard King Mellon, who reportedly rode the trolley to the end of the Castle Shannon line and were transported by horse-drawn carriage to the golf course. Mt. Lebanon purchased the private course in 1947 and reconfigured several holes located in the adjacent Castle Shannon Borough so that the entire course now lies within the boundaries of Mt. Lebanon.
About the Facility
Today, Mt. Lebanon’s 99-acre, par 35 public course is a center of community activity where more than 25,000 rounds of golf are played each year.
Maintained by a professional greenskeeper, the course is home to number of organizations, including the Keystone Oaks and Mt. Lebanon high school golf teams.
Its facilities include a pro shop with cart rental, refreshments, men’s and ladies locker rooms and a Managers Pavilion with water and electric. Several charity golf outings are held at the course each year.
|Specifications||Red Tees||Gold Tees||White Tees||Blue Tees|
For regular team play, consider one of these organizations:
- Mt. Lebanon Senior Men’s Golf Association – Residents age 55 and over make up this active group that plays weekly, at 7:30 am to 10:30 am on Wednesdays. The season runs April – October. Contact Association President Bruce Davis at (412) 874-7838 or visit the Men’s Golf Association of Mt. Lebanon website.
- Women’s Golf Association of Mt. Lebanon – This league of about 75 women tees off weekly 7:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. on Tuesdays beginning in April. Dues are $27. For membership information, call Sharon Ackerman at (412) 480-3319 or visit the Women’s Golf Association of Mt. Lebanon website. New golfers are always welcome.
- Women’s League – Fairway Swingers – This league plays weekly from 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Thursdays beginning in April through October. New golfers are always welcome. Dues are $15. For membership information, contact Ginny Edivan at (814) 404-0377.
- Mt. Lebanon Junior Golf Association – Meets on Thursdays starting at 9:15 a.m. during the summer months. The weekly events are open to all junior players ages 11-17. For more information, please call the golf shop at (412) 561-9761. Junior Golf Association Flyer
Mt. Lebanon Golf Course offers handicap service – GHIN by the WPGA. For more information, call the golf shop at (412) 561-9761.
Please call the Golf Shop at (412) 561-9761 for information on golf outings.
Surprise your friends, families, and coworkers with a Gift Card from the Mt. Lebanon Golf Course. Also, be sure to visit the Mt. Lebanon Golf Course and discover our collection of golf merchandise available for purchase! These debit-type cards never expire! Gift Cards may be used at the golf course for green fees, cart fees and merchandise. Available for purchase at the Mt. Lebanon Golf Course in any denomination. (Cash, check, Visa and MasterCard accepted). Call (412) 561-9761 for details.