Recycling pick-up is every other week on your regular trash pick-up day. Mt. Lebanon offers single-stream recycling, which means that all recyclable materials may be placed together in a container (or containers) identified by recycling stickers.
Recycling stickers are available at the Customer Service Center in the Municipal Building, 710 Washington Road and at the Mt. Lebanon Public Library, 16 Castle Shannon Boulevard. A recycling container should weigh no more than 50 pounds. All cans, boxes, paper, etc. must be empty and free of food waste.
Items collected are:
- Paper: Paperboard boxes (such as those used for cereal, tissues and shoes), copier paper, magazines, newspaper, catalogs, junk mail including envelopes and telephone books. Corrugated cardboard must be flattened and no longer than 36 x 36 inches.
- Metal: Aluminum, steel, tin and bimetal cans
- Plastic: Plastics numbered 1 and 2 on the bottom, except for black PET food trays. To recycle lids, tightly screw them onto original containers.
Items Not Accepted
You may not recycle:
- Plastic Bags
- Fast food wrappers
- Aluminum foil and foil products
- Food waste
- Shredded paper
- Paper towels
- Bathroom trash
- Milk Cartons
- Juice Cartons
- Juice Boxes
- Soup Cartons
- Plastics other than 1 and 2
- Black PET food trays
Although paper bags or boxes are recyclable, please do not place any items inside them.
The Allegheny County Health Department publishes a Recycling Resources of places in the county that accept various materials for recycling. For a hard copy, please contact the Health Department at (412) 578-8390. County Parks also have drop off sites for plastics, aluminum and steel cans, newspaper County Park Drop Off locations.
Reporting a Missed Pick-up
To report a missed pick-up of recycling please call 412-343-3400, 8:30 am - 5 pm. You can also submit an electronic request on myLebo.