Reporting a Missed Pick-up
To report a missed pick-up of recycling please call 412-343-3400, 8:30 am - 5 pm. You can also submit an electronic request on myLebo.
- Recycling Pick-Up
- Garbage and Recycling Schedule with Street Listing
- Recycling Resource Directory
- Republic Services Recycling Guide
Mt. Lebanon is a single-stream recycling community, which means residents can place all recyclables together, curbside, in one container.
Recycling pick-up is every other week on your regular trash pick-up day. Mt. Lebanon offers single-stream recycling, which means that all recyclable materials may be placed together in a container (or containers) identified by recycling stickers.
Recycling stickers are available at the Customer Service Center in the Municipal Building, 710 Washington Road. A recycling container should weigh no more than 50 pounds. All cans, boxes, jars, etc. must be empty and free of food waste.
Items collected are:
- Paper: Paperboard boxes (such as those used for cereal, tissues and shoes), copier paper, magazines, newspaper, catalogs, junk mail including envelopes and telephone books. Corrugated cardboard must be flattened and no longer than 36 x 36 inches.
- Metal: Aluminum, steel, tin and bimetal cans, aluminum foil and foil products
- Glass: Clear, green and amber glass containers
- Plastic: Items numbered 1 through 7 on the bottom. (No Styrofoam)
(Examples include: baby wipe containers, yogurt cups, household cleaner bottles, margarine tubs, shampoo bottles, etc.)
Items Not Accepted
You may not recycle:
- Fast food wrappers
- Food waste
- Paper towels
- Bathroom trash
Although paper bags or boxes are recyclable, please do not place any items inside them.
The Allegheny County Health Department publishes a Recycling Resource Directory of places in the county that accept various materials for recycling. For a hard copy, please contact the Health Department at (412) 578-8390. County Parks also have drop off sites for plastics, aluminum and steel cans, newspaper County Park Drop Off locations.
After a holiday falling Monday through Friday, pick-up for the rest of the week will be one day later than the usual day. Observed holidays are:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on the weekend, the week's pick-up will follow its regular schedule.
If you have questions, call Mt. Lebanon’s Public Works Department at (412) 343-3403.
Mt. Lebanon’s Trash/Recycling Hauler