Ad Hoc Committee Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Held as needed
- The Mt. Lebanon Commission is looking for individuals to serve on an ad hoc committee of the volunteer community relations board, in the hopes of taking positive steps forward on diversity, equity and inclusion issues in Mt. Lebanon.
- To apply, go to mtlebanon.org/DEICommittee for details and an application. If you need assistance because of a disability or if you do not have computer access, please call 412-343-3400 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. and we will help.
The committee will consist of four working groups:
Community Awareness/Community Building Working Group
- This group will look at ways Mt. Lebanon could become more welcoming and diverse. This effort would start with organizing and conducting community conversations and could lead to such possible projects as community education programs and pursuing local or national initiatives and designations.
Diversity in Boards and Hiring Working Group
- This group would work toward increasing the diversity of qualified applicants for volunteer and staff positions in Mt. Lebanon.
Police Engagement Working Group
- This group would work in conjunction with the police department and municipal staff to organize community listening sessions, focus groups, community conversations, and also research and recommend ways to expand the pool of qualified applicants for police positions.
Mt. Lebanon DEI Recognition, Event Planning and Incident Response Working Group
- This group will suggest a DEI calendar for consideration for municipal observances, actions and events. It also could develop considerations for a municipal response for DEI incidents.
- The most important part of working in either of these four groups is the ability to be respectful of differing opinions while working towards solutions. The opinions of the participants will help inform the Commission as it sets municipal policy.
- The initial commitment for this committee is 12 months at about 5 hours a month.
- The Commission wants the Ad Hoc Committee and its Working Groups to reflect as many viewpoints as possible and therefore welcomes diverse applicants.
For more details, please contact Staff Liaison, Robyn E. Vittek at (412) 531-1912.