Electric work planned for Hoodridge Hilands.
Duquesne Light Company will be upgrading all the underground vaults and replacing the primary power line and transformers in Hoodridge Hilands in October and November. The work is necessary to replace aging and damaged infrastructure. After the work, your power will be more reliable and repairs will be faster. When the work is completed, yards that current have underground vaults will have small, green above-ground access points in the right-of-way, in roughly the same place as the current underground vaults.
The work, which will take place on Mondays through Thursdays in October and November, will directly affect residents on:
- Bradley Court (104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 121 and 125)
- Marshall Drive (104 to 149)
- All of Ridgeway Court
- All of Halsey Court
- All of Stillwell Court
- McArthur Drive (842 to 898)
Duquesne Light is inviting all affected residents to an informational public meeting on Wednesday, September 25 at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 710 Washington Road. Electric company representatives will answer questions at that meeting.
Duquesne Light also has set up a direct hotline that will be updated daily at: 412-393-6817 and a webpage at https://www.duquesnelight.com/service-reliability/infrastructure-projects. We suggest you bookmark that page and return to it frequently. Both sources will be updated with daily schedules.
Should you have any questions during the project, ask for Duquesne Light’s Dave Beam, who will be onsite every day. You may also leave a message for Mr. Beam at 412-393-6817 and he will return your call.
Some important points:
- The project will not affect traffic flow in the neighborhood
- The work does mean some periodic power outages for affected residents. These outages may be from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., but power will be restored before crews leave for the day.
- Call 412-393-6817 if anyone in your family has a medical condition that requires constant electricity.
- Power will not be out long enough to spoil food, but Duquesne Light suggests you keep your refrigerator closed and keep refrigerated insulin in a cooler just to be sure.
- Garage door openers without battery backup will not work when the power is out.
- Matrix is the contractor on the project, so you likely will see the company trucks and logos.