As part of the ongoing partnership between the Mt. Lebanon Police Department (MLPD), Mt. Lebanon Fire Department (MTLFD), Medical Rescue Team South Authority (MRTSA), and the Mt. Lebanon School District, we are planning a Large Scale Emergency Drill: Active Shooter Simulation on July 17, 2018 at Mt. Lebanon High School. The exercise will take place from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The High School campus will be closed during this exercise.
As part of the drill, we are seeking approximately 100 adult volunteers to carry out the role of students and others who might be involved in an active shooter situation at a school. Volunteers must be 18 years of age (not a Mt. Lebanon High School student - graduates are OK), a resident of Mt. Lebanon, or an employee of the District or Municipality as a non-resident.
We ask that if you plan to participate, please see the following instructions:
1. Fill out the registration survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12HZ2RGk6mWZst3RU8-_-_Nd9hcyD6iwTBRTZqWxavZA/edit
2. Read, sign and bring the attached consent waiver (at the bottom of this notice) with you to the drill. No one will be permitted to participate without a signed waiver
3. Park in the Mt. Lebanon High School South Lot and enter through B-9
4. Plan to wear comfortable clothing and gym shoes (no flip flops or sandals, please)
5. Coffee/donuts and lunch will be provided to all participants
Emergency responders from Mt. Lebanon, as well as neighboring communities, will be engaged in the training scenario. Mt. Lebanon School District administrators and principals will be involved as well.
It is important for local law enforcement, first responders, and school personnel to be prepared for these types of events and this exercise is designed to help with that preparation. I want to thank in advance those who volunteer to assist us in this important training exercise.