Library Teen Services Support Aide
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Part Time (2 hours per school day)
Starting Wages: $14.03/hr.
Reports to: Associate Director for Public Services
We are looking for a caring, energetic individual who loves working with teenagers, works well in a team setting, and enjoys interacting with children and adults. The successful applicant will work primarily in a public service capacity with a fixed schedule during afternoon hours (3-5 pm on weekdays that school is in session in Mt. Lebanon School District). Our library’s mission is to provide informational resources, programs, and services for the personal enrichment, education, and enjoyment of all citizens and for the betterment of the community.
- Engage directly and continually with students during after-school hours at the library.
- Enforce Patron Behavior Policies with all patrons in the library.
- Direct patrons to the appropriate staff member or resource as needed.
- Otherwise help to carry out the library’s mission as directed.
- Experience working with groups of children ages 10-16. PA Child Abuse Clearances required immediately upon hire.
- New hires are subject to fingerprinting and a background check upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to move and/or walk around the library for the majority of a two-hour shift, and regularly required to talk and/or hear. Vision and hearing at or correctable to "normal ranges.” Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
How to Apply
Please send a completed Mt. Lebanon Municipal Employee application to:
Robyn E. Vittek, Director
Mt. Lebanon Public Library
16 Castle Shannon Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
or electronically to email@example.com
Mt. Lebanon will make reasonable accommodations to its programs and services to assure access to all persons. If because of a disability you require an accommodation, Robyn Vittek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-942-0922. EOE.