Deputy Chief of Police
The Mt. Lebanon Police Department – Support Services Division is responsible for the operations of the Records Unit, Crime Prevention Unit, Animal Control Unit, and staff responsibilities of Information Technology, Fleet and Facilities Management, Accreditation Management, Media Relations, Payroll and Attendance, Grants Management, Equipment and Inventory.
Full recruitment profile available here.
The Deputy Chief of Police – Support Services Division position entails day-to-day command of personnel, oversight of information systems, programs and other department activities such as budgeting and payroll, public information activities, liaison with external stakeholders, Information Technology systems, police records management, vehicle fleet management, equipment research and acquisition, and various other administrative tasks.
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Act 120 Municipal Police Officers’ Training Academy or equivalent from another State police academy with MPOETC reciprocity. Successful completion of the Pennsylvania Act 120 Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission Certification Exam is also required.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement Management, Public Administration or related field is required; a Master’s Degree is highly desirable. Graduation from the FBI National Academy, Southern Police Institute, Northwestern University School of Staff & Command or equivalent police command training is a bonus.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in law enforcement with at least 5 years of police management / command experience.
- Possess a broad range of experience in all areas of Police operations. Candidates should have in-depth experience and understanding of modern techniques, equipment, computer systems, technology, and methods & practices related to community policing.
- Experience in the administration of various police computer systems and databases is desirable. These would include police records management systems, automated scheduling systems and MDT systems, as well as oversight of compliance standards related to JNET, CLEAN and CHRIA.
- Knowledge and experience in public relations and interaction with the media is a plus, including the management of effective communication tools like social media pages and websites.
- Experience in an accredited police department and an understanding of and commitment to gaining and maintaining accreditation a plus.
- Have a background of complete integrity and honesty, gaining the respect of people, and leading and motivating personnel by example.
- The successful candidate must also maintain residency within 20 air miles of Mt. Lebanon Municipality within 12 months of appointment.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by June 22, 2018 to the attention of: HR Manager, Mt. Lebanon Municipality, 710 Washington Road, Pittsburgh, PA, 15228. Questions about this opportunity may be sent to Bonnie Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mt. Lebanon will make reasonable accommodations to its programs and services to assure access to all persons. If because of a disability you require an accommodation, please contact Bonnie Cross, at email@example.com.