Environmental Sustainability Board
- 7:30 p.m.
- Second Thursday of the month
- Room 104D in the municipal building (Room C)
The Environmental Sustainability Board is composed of seven members, each serve three-year terms.
Advise the Mt. Lebanon Commission on matters relating to environmental sustainability and energy efficiency, including programs, goods and services which are environmentally proactive, including:
- Explore programs and practices that promote environmental awareness
- Monitor municipal and school environmental efforts
- Promote environmental and energy awareness in the community
- Recommend implementation strategies for energy efficiency and environmentally improved practices for municipal and school department, facilities and programs
Consequently the board adopted the mission statement "Our mission is to advise and encourage the commission and community on environmentally sustainable solutions, principles, practices that will improve our quality of life, promote prosperity by developing the local economy and protect the planet by conserving resources and minimizing pollution.
The Mt. Lebanon Environmental Team, Outreach Committee, a group of Mt. Lebanon residents and students from the Mt. Lebanon School District, has created a website, Mt. Lebanon Environmental Team website.The website will provide details about the five community committees that have been formed to implement the Climate Action Plan, including the Active Transportation, Commercial, Industrial / Schools, Residential, and Waste Reduction / Recycling and provide information about how residents can become involved. The site also contains details about events, activities, photos and information about what the Mt. Lebanon Environmental Team has been doing and is planning to do in the future. It also allows visitors the opportunity to blog questions, concerns or comments on environmental issues.